Friday, April 1, 2011

In Which Carnita Has a Second Date and Buys Tickets to Her First Burn

This is a great day despite my fatigue. It feels like it has been a very eventful eighteen hours. After martial arts practice last night, I went out with Lachlan again and woah. Yeah. Enormous crush confirmed. He is even cuter and funnier and all-around desirable than I remembered. My favorite things that I can tell about him, in some rough order of importance, are as follows:

- His unflagging honesty, even about uncomfortable topics like his sadness over the loss of his partner, his misgivings about fatherhood, and his sexual performance anxiety.
- His courage about facing said problems.
- What his love for his son says about his character and his manner of loving people in general.
- How he doesn't appear to be at all scared of the unconventional nature of my lovestyle. (He didn't even flinch when I answered his question about whether poly was mostly a sexual thing for me!)
- How he doesn't even seem to notice that he asks lots of perhaps too personal questions too early in the relationship, and I believe this is because he himself is so perfectly guileless and transparent. (I do the same thing!)
- His epically high cheekbones.
- His brilliant smile, and the way it makes the corners of his eyes crinkle.
- His dense, dark freckles and perpetual ginger blush.
- His shameless animal virility, and his talent for flirting gracefully.

I blew the part where I was supposed to kiss him...but then I solved my own gut-wrenching mystery by texting him to say that I felt dumb for not kissing him...to which he replied that I would have another chance and should seize it. (I'll have another chance! Woooooohoo! I'm squealing on the inside.)

So after that, I met up with Simon, and we hung out for hours talking about how to get our sex life back on track. It was a productive and fulfilling conversation--a welcome change from the communication breakdown of last weekend.

The last exciting thing is that I bought tickets to Transformus! This will be my first burn. I am psyched. The trade-off is that I decided not to go to New Orleans over my break, but rather to spend some time here exploring my creativity and getting the end of the semester off to a clean start. I need to save money for all that free time I'll have over the summer...and for San Francisco....wow. Time is flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment anonymously. If you would like to reach me, please e-mail carnalporridge at gmail dot com.